We've just added the new Android 7.0 Nougat to Browserling's mobile browser testing cloud. You can now cross-browser test your websites in Android Nougat!
You can try Android 7.0 right now in Browserling for free. Just enter a link to test here and press Test Now button:
We've also implemented Android 7.0's quick browsing scheme. You can instantly access Android Nougat and start cross-browser testing through this short link:
This will load google.com on Android 7.0.
Android 7.0 adds the following features:
- Just in Time (JIT) compiler with code profiling to ART, which lets it constantly improve the performance of Android apps as they run.
- Unicode 9.0 emoji and skin tone modifier support (and exposes a subset of ICU4J APIs).
- New Data Saver mode, which can force apps to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Daydream virtual reality platform (VR interface).
- Multiple Device Locales.
- Vulkan 3D rendering API.
- Settings app navigation drawer.
- Another system partition, which gets updated when not in use, allowing for seamless system updates.
- Picture-in-picture support for Android TV.
- Multi-window support, which supports floating apps on a desktop layout.
- Ability to display color calibration.
- Ability to switch apps by double tapping in overview button.
- Added Emergency information part.
- Improvements to file browser.
- Ability to screen zoom.
- Improved Doze functionality, which aims to prolong battery life.
- New JIT Compiler, making for 75 percent faster app installations and a 50 percent reduction in compiled code size.
- Replaced notification cards with notification sheets.
- Redesigned Overview screen.
- More Quick Settings options.
- Redesigned notification shade, featuring instant access to certain settings.
- Added the "Clear All" button in Overview screen.
Happy mobile browser testing in Android Nougat!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!