Chrome Browser Testing

Browserling offers free online cross-browser testing in the Google Chrome browser. We have installed Google Chrome on our cloud servers and we stream the browser to you. You don't need to install any additional software as Browserling is powered by HTML5 and JavaScript. The Chrome browser runs on real computers and it's not a fake browser simulator or emulator.

We have installed absolutely all Chrome versions starting from Chrome 1 to Chrome 116 (currently the latest version). As Google has a strict release schedule, we know about all the future Chrome release dates. We have copied them to our calendar and as soon as a new version is released, we get a reminder and install it on our cloud browser platform.

Try Chrome in Browserling now!

To try online Chrome in Browserling, enter a website address, and press the Test Now button:

The demo version offers three minutes of free Chrome testing but to unlock unlimited testing sessions, you'll have to get the developer plan.

Google Chrome Testing FAQ

Do you support headless Chrome testing?

Not yet but we're working on it. Coming soon, we're launching Headless API that will let you automate and run tests in headless Chrome browsers.

Why is cross-browser testing in Chrome important?

Chrome has taken the lead as the most popular browser in the world with over 64% of the market share. All other browsers, such as Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Tor and other less-known browsers take the remaining 36%. To make really great websites and webapps, you have to make sure that your code works correctly in the Chrome browser.

What's the current Chrome market share?

The current market share of the Chrome browser (all Chrome versions combined) is 64%.

How often is Chrome updated?

Google follows a rapid release cycle, with updates typically rolled out every month for the stable version. The current version (September 2023) is 116 and later this month version 117 will be released.

What's the difference between Chrome and Chromium?

Chrome is the browser itself and Chromium is the name of the open-source project that is used to build the Chrome browser. Before Chromium is compiled into Chrome, Google adds a number of proprietary features, such as various video and audio formats (AAC, H265, MP3), automatic updates, and crash and error reporting.

What other browsers use the Chromium browser engine?

More and more browsers have given up on maintaining their own browser engines and have switched to the open-source Chromium project. Opera and Edge are the two of the biggest browsers that have switched.

Is the Chrome that you offer a browser emulator?

No, we don't run a Chrome browser emulator – we run a native Chrome that runs on a real computer. It's neither an emulator nor a simulator.

How do I open Chrome developer tools?

Just like in all other browsers, the default key to jump into developer tools is to press F12. Alternatively, you can right-click a DOM element and select Inspect from the mouse menu. This will also open the developer tools.

When was Chrome version 100 released?

Google celebrated the 100th release of the Chrome browser on March 29, 2022. You can actually try it right now via our quick browsing URL:

Can I also try Chrome version 1?

For sure! Just change the version number in our quick browsing URL and you can try the very first version of the Chrome browser:

Can you help us debug a Chrome problem?

We'd love to help! We have all Chrome versions available (from 1 to 116) and have been following the development of the Chrome browser since day one (for over 10 years now). We know all the ins and outs of this browser. You can email us at and we'll help you with your Chrome problem.

I have an old computer, can I somehow still use a modern Chrome version?

You won't believe this but you can! We created a technology called Live API that lets you embed new browsers in old browsers (and also old browsers in new browsers). With Live API, you can put any modern Chrome version in any older browser.


For any additional questions about cross-browser testing in Chrome please contact us at or use our contact form.