Earlier this week Firefox 31 was released and we just added it to Browserling. It's availabe to free and paying users and you can already cross-browser test your code in Firefox 31.
Try Firefox 31 in Browserling now!
The new Firefox 31 features include:
- Add the search field to the new tab page.
- Support of Prefer:Safe http header for parental control.
- mozilla::pkix as default certificate verifier.
- Partial implementation of the OpenType MATH table.
- Block malware from downloaded files.
- audio/video .ogg and .pdf files handled by Firefox if no application specified (Windows only).
- Upper Sorbian [hsb] locale added.
Firefox 31 biggest changes include:
- Removal of the CAPS infrastructure for specifying site-specific permissions (via capability.policy.* preferences). Most notably, attempts to use this functionality to grant access to the clipboard will no longer work. The sole exception is the checkloaduri permission, which may still be used as before to allow sites to load file:// URIs.
Firefox 31 HTML5 updates include:
- WebVTT implemented and enabled.
- CSS3 variables implemented.
Firefox 31 developer tool updates include:
- Developer Tools: Add-on Debugger.
- Developer Tools: Canvas Debugger.
- Developer Tools: Eyedropper tool added to the color picker.
- Developer Tools: Editable Box Model.
- Developer Tools: Code Editor improvements.
- Developer Tools: Console stack traces.
- Developer Tools: Copy as cURL.
- Developer Tools: Styled console logs.
- navigator.sendBeacon enabled by default.
- New Array built-in: Array.prototype.fill().
- New Object built-in: Object.setPrototypeOf().
- CSP 1.1 nonce-source and hash-source enabled by default.
- Dialogs spawned from the onbeforeunload event no longer block access to the rest of the browser.
Firefox 31 fixes include:
- Search for partially selected link text from context menu.
Firefox 31 security fixes include:
- Profile directory file access through file: protocol.
- IFRAME sandbox same-origin access through redirect.
- Certificate parsing broken by non-standard character encoding.
- Crash in Skia library when scaling high quality images.
- Use-after-free while when manipulating certificates in the trusted cache.
- Use-after-free with FireOnStateChange event.
- Toolbar dialog customization event spoofing.
- Use-after-free in DirectWrite font handling.
- Use-after-free in Web Audio due to incorrect control message ordering.
- Buffer overflow during Web Audio buffering for playback.
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards(rv:31.0 / rv:24.7).
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 31!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!