A few moments ago Google Chrome team released Chrome 35 stable version for Windows, Mac and Linux. We just installed Chrome 35 on our OS platforms and it's now available to all our free and paying users.
Try Chrome 35 in Browserling now!
Significant changes in Chrome 35:
- More developer control over touch input.
- Unprefixed Shadow DOM.
- A number of new apps/extension APIs.
- Opus updated to version v1.1.
Significant changes in Android version of Chrome 35:
- Undo Tab Close.
- Fullscreen video with Subtitles and HTML5 controls.
- Support for some multi-window devices.
Significant changes in iOS version of Chrome 35:
- Added right-to-left support to the omnibox for Arabic and Hebrew.
- See your search term in the omnibox, instead of the long search query URL.
- Easily refine your search queries and view more results on the search results page.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Significant changes in Linux version of Chrome 35:
- Switched graphics interface backend from GTK+ to Aura.
Chrome 35 implements the following new features and updates:
- CSS Blending of background images (mix-blend-mode) - Offers more ways to blend a background image of an element with other background images that are below it and with the element's background color.
- CSS Font Loading - A feature that enables applications to know if a web font is really loaded.
- Multiple Shadow Roots (Deprecated) - Enable elements to host more than one Shadow Roots.
- Scoped Styles - Boolean attribute for the <style> element (<style scoped>). When present, its styles only apply to the parent element.
The new release also includes 23 security fixes. Chrome team highlighted the following fixes that were contributed by external researchers:
- CVE-2014-1743: Use-after-free in styles. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- CVE-2014-1744: Integer overflow in audio. Credit to Aaron Staple.
- CVE-2014-1745: Use-after-free in SVG. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
- CVE-2014-1746: Out-of-bounds read in media filters. Credit to Holger Fuhrmannek.
- CVE-2014-1747: UXSS with local MHTML file. Credit to packagesu.
- CVE-2014-1748: UI spoofing with scrollbar. Credit to Jordan Milne.
- CVE-2014-1749: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- CVE-2014-3152: Integer underflow in V8 fixed in version 188.8.131.52.
Happy cross-browser testing in Chrome 35!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!