This week the Google Chrome team released stable version of Chrome 34 on OSX, Windows and and Linux. We just uploaded Chrome 34 to all our OS platforms and it's now available to all our paying customers and free users.
Try Chrome 34 in Browserling now!
Significant changes in Chrome 34:
- Responsive Images and Unprefixed Web Audio.
- Import supervised users onto new computers.
- A different look for Windows 8 Metro mode.
- A number of new apps/extension APIs.
- New scroll bar look.
autocomplete="off"on password input fields.
Significant changes in Android version of Chrome 34:
- Battery usage optimizations.
Significant changes in iOS version of Chrome 34:
- Updated tour when you start Chrome for the first time.
- Support for autocomplete in the omnibox for right to left languages.
Chrome 34 implements the following new features and updates:
- <img srcset> - Enable a responsive images solution by providing the browser multiple resources in varying resolutions for a single image.
- CSS font-variant-ligatures - A CSS property to control ligatures in text.
The new release also includes 31 security fixes. Chrome team highlighted the following fixes that were contributed by external researchers:
- CVE-2014-1716: UXSS in V8. Credit to Anonymous.
- CVE-2014-1717: OOB access in V8. Credit to Anonymous.
- CVE-2014-1718: Integer overflow in compositor. Credit to Aaron Staple.
- CVE-2014-1719: Use-after-free in web workers. Credit to Collin Payne.
- CVE-2014-1720: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- CVE-2014-1721: Memory corruption in V8. Credit to Christian Holler.
- CVE-2014-1722: Use-after-free in rendering. Credit to miaubiz.
- CVE-2014-1723: Url confusion with RTL characters. Credit to George McBay.
- CVE-2014-1724: Use-after-free in speech. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
- CVE-2014-1725: OOB read with window property. Credit to Anonymous
- CVE-2014-1726: Local cross-origin bypass. Credit to Jann Horn.
- CVE-2014-1727: Use-after-free in forms. Credit to Khalil Zhani.
- CVE-2014-1728: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- CVE-2014-1729: Multiple vulnerabilities in V8 fixed in version 188.8.131.52.
Happy cross-browser testing in Chrome 34!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!