Mozilla released Firefox 23 today. We were super quick and added it to our browser cloud later in the day. It's available for cross-browser testing already on all platforms.
Try Mozilla Firefox 23 in Browserling now!
New in Firefox 23
- Updated Firefox Logo.
- Users can now switch to a new search provider across the entire browser.
- Options panel created for Web Developer Toolbox.
- Replace fixed-ratio audio resampler in webrtc.org capture code with Speex resampler and eliminate pseudo-44000Hz rate.
- Simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation.
- Improved about:memory's functional UI.
- <input type='file'> rendering improvements.
- Load images automatically and Always show the tab bar checkboxes removed from preferences and reset to defaults.
- CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced.
- Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages.
- Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding.
Developer News in Firefox 23
- Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed <blink> element.
- New feature in toolbox: Network Monitor.
- Social share functionality.
- HTML5 <input type="range"> form control implemented.
- Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons.
- Implemented a global browser console.
- Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame.
Security Fixes in Firefox 23
- Local Java applets may read contents of local file system.
- Firefox full and stub installer DLL hijacking.
- Same-origin bypass with web workers and XMLHttpRequest.
- Further Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater.
- Bypass of XrayWrappers using XBL Scopes.
- CRMF requests allow for code execution and XSS attacks.
- Document URI misrepresentation and masquerading.
- Crash during WAV audio file decoding.
- Buffer overflow in Mozilla Maintenance Service and Mozilla Updater.
- Buffer underflow when generating CRMF requests.
- Use after free mutating DOM during SetBody.
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards.
Known Issues in Firefox 23
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash.
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 23!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!