Posted by April 2, 2013on
Great news! Today is the release day of version Firefox. A new version 20 was released and we also installed it at Browserling, so that you can already test your web apps with it!
Try Firefox 20 in Browserling now!
What's New in Firefox 20?
The biggest update is that Firefox 20 now works on Windows 8.
Smaller improvements are:
- Per-window Private Browsing.
- New download experience.
- Ability to close hanging plugins, without the browser hanging.
- Continued performance improvements around common browser tasks (page loads, downloads, shutdown, etc.)
- Continued implementation of draft ECMAScript 6 -
getUserMediaimplemented for web access to the user's camera and microphone (with user permission).
<canvas>now supports blend modes.
Firefox 20 Updates for Developers
- Support for the
downloadattribute on the
<area>element has been added.
- The value
autofor the global attribute
dirhas been implemented.
- Support for the
Weakmap.prototype.clear()method, recently added to the Harmony (EcmaScript 2015) draft proposal has been added.
- Support for the
Math.imul()method, a C-style 32-bit multiplication function. Though proposed for Harmony (EcmaScript 2015) it has not yet accepted and still is non-standard.
- CSS Flexbox is now available by default in pre-release builds only (excluding beta versions). It can be enabled in release and beta version by setting the
layout.css.flexbox.enabledabout:config preference to
mask-typeproperty from the CSS Masking specification has been added.
playbackRate(both read and write), with pitch correction. Pitch correction can be controlled using the property
- CSSOM: Support for the new
CSSConditionRulehas been added.
- The implementation of the
contentStyleTypeproperties has been removed from
SVGSVGElementalong with the removal from SVG2.
- To help
MathMLauthors debugging "invalid-markup" errors in their documents,
MathMLparsing errors (such as having too many / too few child elements) and warnings about deprecated attributes or wrong attribute values are now reported to the Error Console.
scriptminsizeattribute now accepts unitless values and percent values. They are interpreted as multiples of the default value ("
Fixed Bugs in Firefox 20
- Details button on Crash Reporter.
- Unity plugin doesn't display in HiDPI mode.
- Out-of-bounds array read in CERT_DecodeCertPackage.
- Memory corruption while rendering grayscale PNG images.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) using timed history navigations.
- Bypass of tab-modal dialog origin disclosure.
- Bypass of SOW protections allows cloning of protected nodes.
- WebGL crash with Mesa graphics driver on Linux.
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater.
- World read and write access to app_tmp directory on Android.
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Maintenance Service.
- Out-of-bounds write in Cairo library.
- Fixed miscellaneous memory safety hazards.
Unresolved Issues in Firefox 20
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash.
- Some function keys may not work when pressed.
- Browsing and Download history clearing needs unification to avoid confusion on clearing download history.
- Download statusbar add-on continues downloading files from Normal Browsing, when switching to Private Browsing.
- Copy actions are broken on HTML5 videos.
Have fun cross-browser testing with Browserling!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!