Great news! Today is the release day of version Firefox. A new version 20 was released and we also launched it at Browserling, so that you can already test your web apps with it!
Try Firefox 20 in Browserling now!
What's new in Firefox 20?
- Per-window Private Browsing.
- New download experience.
- Ability to close hanging plugins, without the browser hanging.
- (Changed) Continued performance improvements around common browser tasks (page loads, downloads, shutdown, etc.)
- Continued implementation of draft ECMAScript 6 -
getUserMediaimplemented for web access to the user's camera and microphone (with user permission).
<canvas>now supports blend modes.
Detailed developer-side changes are well-documented here.
Firefox 20 on Windows 8
Firefox 20 now works on Windows 8:
Fixed bugs in Firefox 20
- Details button on Crash Reporter.
- Unity plugin doesn't display in HiDPI mode..
- Out-of-bounds array read in CERT_DecodeCertPackage.
- Memory corruption while rendering grayscale PNG images.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) using timed history navigations.
- Bypass of tab-modal dialog origin disclosure.
- Bypass of SOW protections allows cloning of protected nodes.
- WebGL crash with Mesa graphics driver on Linux.
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater.
- World read and write access to app_tmp directory on Android.
- Privilege escalation through Mozilla Maintenance Service.
- Out-of-bounds write in Cairo library.
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards.
Unresolved issues in Firefox 20
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash.
- Some function keys may not work when pressed.
- Browsing and Download history clearing needs unification to avoid confusion on clearing download history.
- Download statusbar add-on continues downloading files from Normal Browsing, when switching to Private Browsing.
- Copy actions are broken on HTML5 videos.
Have a nice time with Browserling!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!