Try Firefox 51 in Browserling now!
Firefox 51 added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback. Better Tab Switching. Support for WebGL 2 and a warning that is displayed when a login page does not have a secure connection.
New Firefox 51 features:
- Added Georgian (ka) and Kabyle (kab) locales.
- Added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback.
- A warning is displayed when a login page does not have a secure connection.
- An even faster E10s. Tab Switching is better.
- Improved reliability of browser data sync.
- Added a zoom button in the URL bar: Displays percent above or below 100 percent when a user has changed the page zoom setting from the default. Lets users return to the default setting by clicking on the button.
- Users can view passwords in the save password prompt before saving them.
- Remove Belarusian (be) locale.
- Firefox will save passwords even in forms that do not have "submit" events.
- Improved video performance for users without GPU acceleration for less CPU usage and a better full screen experience.
- Added support for WebGL 2, with advanced graphics rendering features like transform feedback, improved texturing capabilities, and a new sophisticated shading language.
Firefox 51 changes:
- Updated to NSS 3.28.1.
- Re-enabled E10s support for Russian (ru) locale.
- Use 2D graphics library (Skia) for content rendering on Linux.
Firefox 51 developer tool updates include:
- Network Monitor now shows a "Blocked" state for network requests.
- IndexedDB version 2 implementation is now complete.
- WebGL 2 is now enabled by default.
- SVG now has tabindex attribute.
- Css now has
:indeterminatefor <input type="radio">
- <hr> elements can now be used as separators in <menu> elements.
Firefox 51 security fixes include:
- Disclosure of local file existence through TRACK tag error messages.
- Remove addons.mozilla.org CDN from whitelist for mozAddonManager.
- Feed preview can expose privileged content errors and exceptions.
- Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 51.
- Memory corruption with transforms to create gradients in Skia.
- Insecure communication methods in Developer Tools JSON viewer.
- Data sent in multipart channels ignores referrer-policy response headers.
- WebExtensions can use data: protocol to affect other extensions.
- WebRTC can be used to generate a large amount of UDP traffic for DDOS attacks.
- Excessive JIT code allocation allows bypass of ASLR and DEP.
- Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 51 and Firefox ESR 45.7.
- Content about: pages can load privileged about: pages.
- WebExtensions can install additional add-ons via modified host requests.
- Location bar spoofing with unicode characters.
- Android location bar spoofing during scrolling.
- Use-after-free with Media Decoder.
- Use-after-free in XSL.
- Use-after-free in Web Animations.
- Weak references using multiple threads on weak proxy objects lead to unsafe memory usage.
- Information disclosure via Proxy Auto-Config (PAC).
- Certificate Viewer exporting can be used to navigate and save to arbitrary filesystem locations.
- Potential use-after-free during DOM manipulations.
Unresolved Firefox 51 issues:
- Crash with some older versions of Forcepoint/Websense.
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 51!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!