Mozilla Firefox 46 is now available for browser testing. It was released today by Mozilla. We just finished deploying it to our browser cloud and it's now available to free and paid users.
Try Firefox 46 in Browserling now!
New in Firefox 46
- GTK3 integration (GNU/Linux only).
Changed in Firefox 46
- WebRTC fixes to improve performance and stability.
Fixed in Firefox 46
- Correct rendering for scaled SVGs that use a clip and a mask.
- Screen reader behavior with blank spaces in Google Docs corrected.
- Various security fixes.
Developer updates in Firefox 46
- Launch responsive mode from the Style Editor @media sidebar.
- Allocation and garbage collection pause profiling in the performance panel.
- Display dominator trees in Memory tool.
- The ES2015 RegExp unicode (u) flag has been implemented.
- The ES2015 block-level functions have been implemented.
- The ES2015 TypedArray.prototype.sort() method has been implemented.
- The ES2015 arguments[@@iterator] has been implemented.
- Redeclaration of let and const variables now throws a SyntaxError instead of a TypeError as per the ECMAScript specification.
- In Strict mode, setting properties on primitive values will now throw a TypeError.
- Built-in accessor function names now have a "get" or "set" prefix.
HTML updates in Firefox 46
- When faced with an invalid type value, <ul> no longer maps to decimal, but now behaves as if no type value were specified.
- The attribute pattern on <input> is now treated as a regular expression with "u" (unicode) flag.
HTML5 updates in Firefox 46
- Added support for document.elementsFromPoint.
- Added HKDF support for Web Crypto API.
CSS updates in Firefox 46
- Implementation of CSS Grids has been updated: The keywords auto-fill and auto-fit are now allowed in the repeat() function.
- The properties text-emphasis, text-emphasis-style, text-emphasis-color and text-emphasis-position are now enabled by defaut.
- linear-gradient() support for the omission of 0deg units.
Networking updates in Firefox 46
- Support of RFC 7686 has been added: by default there is no attempt to resolve domain with the TLD .onion.
Android updates in Firefox 46
- Android 3.0 is no longer supported.
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 46!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!