Firefox 45 browser was released today by Mozilla and we installed it to our browser testing cloud. It's now available for cross-browser testing to all our free and paid users!
Try Firefox 45 in Browserling now!
New in Firefox 45
- Tabs synced via Firefox Accounts from other devices are now shown in dropdown area of Awesome Bar when searching.
- Introduce a new preference (network.dns.blockDotOnion) to allow blocking .onion at the DNS level.
- Instant browser tab sharing through Hello.
- Synced Tabs button in button bar.
- Guarani [gn] locale added.
Changed in Firefox 45
- Tab Groups (Panorama) feature removed.
Fixed in Firefox 45
- URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are now properly redirected.
- Various security fixes.
All security fixes in Firefox 45
- Buffer overflow in Brotli decompression.
- Memory corruption when modifying a file being read by FileReader.
- Buffer overflow during ASN.1 decoding in NSS.
- Out-of-bounds write with malicious font in Graphite 2.
- CSP reports fail to strip location information for embedded iframe pages.
- Support of the child-src CSP policy directive has been implemented.
- Use-after-free during processing of DER encoded keys in NSS.
- Addressbar spoofing though history navigation and Location protocol property.
- Service Worker Manager out-of-bounds read in Service Worker Manager.
- Memory leak in libstagefright when deleting an array during MP4 processing.
- Same-origin policy violation using performance.getEntries and history navigation with session restore.
- EV certificates with a validity greater than 27 months are now considered and handled as DV certificates.
- Use-after-free when using multiple WebRTC data channels.
- Out-of-bounds read in HTML parser following a failed allocation.
- Use-after-free during XML transformations.
- Use-after-free in GetStaticInstance in WebRTC.
- Local file overwriting and potential privilege escalation through CSP reports.
- A Content-Security-Policy can now be specified using a <meta> element.
- Displayed page address can be overridden.
- Linux video memory DOS with Intel drivers.
- Memory corruption with malicious NPAPI plugin.
- WebRTC and LibVPX vulnerabilities found through code inspection.
- Font vulnerabilities in the Graphite 2 library.
- Use-after-free in HTML5 string parser.
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards.
- Use-after-free in SetBody.
Developer updates in Firefox 45
- Ability to filter snapshot output in memory tool.
- Fine tune animations by changing the playback rate of animations in the animation-inspector's timeline.
- DOMContentLoaded and load events shown in the network monitor timeline.
- Added Negative url filtering for the network monitor.
- Support for diffing heap snapshots added to the memory tool.
- Inspector search now matches results from all content in the page, including subframes.
- List of animated properties and keyframes is now displayed when clicking on an animation in the animation-inspector's timeline.
HTTP updates and fixes in Firefox 45
- The jar: protocol has been disabled by default when accessed from Web content; you may enable this if necessary by setting the network.jar.block-remote-files preference to false.
- ES2015 Classes are now enabled by default.
- Expression closures are deprecated and will now present a warning in the console.
- String.prototype.replace does not restore RegExp static properties after executing function parameter anymore.
- Math.random() has been updated to the better XorShift128+ algorithm.
HTML updates in Firefox 45
- Content Security Policy can now be set directly on the <meta> element.
- The attribute referrer has been renamed referrerpolicy on <img>, <area>, <a>, and <iframe>.
- Changes in the viewport, or a resize, now trigger the reselection of responsive images for <img srcset>.
HTML5 updates in Firefox 46
- Push API support, part of Progressive Web Applications.
- Support delivery of a Content Security Policy (CSP) via a meta tag.
- ES6 Classes.
CSS updates in Firefox 45
- Word-spacing now allows percentage values.
- Implementation of CSS Grids has been improved and is no more considered experimental.
- Implement full support for CSS Box Alignment for CSS Grid, support the missing values: start, end, self-start, self-end, left, right, last-baseline, space-evenly.
- Several -webkit prefixed properties and values have been added for web compatibility.
SVG updates and fixes in Firefox 45
- SVG stroke hit-testing is buggy when cairo is the Moz2D backend.
- Unable to interact with elements who have large transform / translate values.
Service workers updates and fixes in Firefox 45
- Clients.get() and FetchEvent.clientId have been implemented.
- Clients.openWindow() has been implemented.
- The options object that can be passed as a parameter when invoking Clients.matchAll() can now include an includeUncontrolled property. This is a Boolean - if set to true, the matching operation will return all service worker clients who share the same origin as the current service worker. Otherwise, it returns only the service worker clients controlled by the current service worker. The default is false.
WebGL updates and fixes in Firefox 45
- Support of programs and shaders has been added.
- Support for uniforms and attributes has been added.
- Framebuffer objects have been implemented.
- Renderbuffer objects have been implemented.
Misc updates and fixes in Firefox 45
- Web Speech Synthesis API has been implemented on Firefox Desktop.
- The Window.onstorage event handler property has been added.
- The interface ComputedTiming have been added to our experimental implementation of Web Animations API.
- The Document.onselectionchange event handler property has been added.
- After removing a video track from a media stream by calling MediaStream.removeTrack() you can nowadd another video track later using MediaStream.addTrack() and have it played.
- Starting in Firefox 45, search plugins located in the user's profile's searchplugins directory are no longer automatically loaded on startup.
Unresolved issues in Firefox 45
- On-screen keyboard support was temporarily turned off for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Trusteer Rapport is severely impacting the stability of Firefox.
Happy cross-browser testing in Firefox 45!
Email this blog post to your friends or yourself!
Enter a URL to test, choose platform, browser and version, and you'll get a live interactive browser in 5 seconds!